Sunday, May 3, 2015

humans

we're humans.
how can we not
relate to one another?

we share primitive traits,
primal traits.
we are all one another-
inevitably interlaced
by our frail humanity.

we all exist.
we all take in air, expel air.
our food is digesting,
our hearts are pumping,
our eyes are wandering,
our minds are racing,
our hands are discovering,

and we're all searching,
searching, unceasingly searching
for the place we exist fully,
for the place we breathe most freely.
for the place we belong.

so let us humans
attune ourselves to the
homogeneity among us

and let us create this place
that we're searching for
together.


1 comment:

  1. Rachel, I love this! Thanks for sharing it with me! I'm so glad that you have seen this and expressed it this way, and I'm really happy and honored that you are a part of it all. Belonging is a very powerful thing, and I'm really touched that you think we're creating a place where people know they belong immediately and without condition. It's a utopian idea, but it's worth the pursuit.

    P.S. You should read this at the next open mic! People would love it - like I do. I think you are wonderful! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete